Friday, June 19, 2015

The world is getting younger

When I was in college, I remember laughing about how the freshmen got younger each year. Every September the babyfaced little newbies would take over the campus. Every year it was a shock.

But I've been out of the whole school thing for a while. My peers have been getting older at the same rate that I am, which means we're still all the exact same age. We're having kids because that's what the cool kids are doing ... man, some babies are having kids too. "What do you mean, you're pregnant? You're, like, 23. That's ... that's how old I was when I conceived my first baby. But you're just obviously way too young. Stop being silly."

There's a silver-highlighted woman using one of the computers at the university library. She's wearing mom jeans and carrying a massive tote bag. She is totally the right age for undergraduate classes. Of course. Why wouldn't she be? She's my age. The sunglasses on her head are stylish and I want them. Totally legit for college classes.

And a troupe of prospective college students just traipsed through said university library. They look like they still need help tying their shoes. I have to fight the urge to ask if any of them need to go potty.

Everybody needs to stop getting so darn young. It's really throwing me off here.

No comments:

Post a Comment