Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The blog changes direction

Food is too limiting. Maybe not for some people, but I rarely have time to cook anything worth writing about, and once I cook it, I certainly don't have time to take pictures and make a fancy post about it.

We make time for the things that are important to us. I have time to knit my husband winter socks and tat my mom and mother in law doilies for Mother's Day, but I don't have time to cook anything interesting enough to blog about. Because I am a self-aware human, I have come to the realization that instead of writing about something I never do, I should write about the things I actually do.

And then I wondered why this hadn't occurred to me in the first place. Apparently I am not as smart as I sometimes think I am.

Homemaking is important to me. I am a working wife and soon to be mother (though I desperately hope to stop working before this baby comes), but homemaking is still my sphere. I have less time than I would like, but it's good practice for when I will have little time or energy from taking care of a baby. Perhaps once I have the baby I will feel like I have all the time in the world for homemaking, in comparison.

In the meantime, I do the little things I can. I keep the dishes and table surfaces down to small battles. If I wash the dishes when there are three plates, it takes much less time than when there are fifty. Small battles. And going to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment