Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lest we become complacent

I hope that someday we get to settle in somewhere for longer than our thus-far pattern of 3-6 months. This time of soaring food prices and economic instability (stock market plummeting while commodities are rising, anyone?) is not the best time to be looking for a new position or trying to move and start life over again. This was definitely not the most propitious set of years to be coming into adulthood.

At least we have a lead with another Children's Home that seems excited about our training and experience, where hopefully we will have a less intense schedule that will allow us to have a better family life. At least this place gave us the beginning of a career in which we can make a difference and help children have a better future. At least I no longer wonder what I want to do with my life.

To the girls I have to leave (I know you'll find this because I know how good you are at sneaking around blocked sites and firewalls): You are in my heart, and I love you. I still expect to celebrate your graduations and to cry at your weddings. My care for you does not depend on who signs my paychecks.

Love,
Mrs Mary Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment